Full time - Salary/Exempt
The EcoTarium, a museum of science and nature, seeks an experienced professional with a proven track record for developing successful corporate partnerships and managing relationships and projects in a development office. The Corporate Relations Officer works as the lead team member responsible for fostering, managing, and executing all activities related to the museum’s corporate giving program which includes corporate membership, corporate sponsorship, and in-kind donations, as well as university memberships.
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement as part of the Institutional Advancement team.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- 5 plus years’ progressive experience as part of a development team
- A skilled communicator, in both writing and speaking
- A strong team player with experience in project development and management
- Be highly organized and able to work on simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat and be comfortable working in databases as well as on web-based forms and systems. Working knowledge of Altru/Blackbaud preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Identify and research new corporate funding sources locally, regionally and nationally
- Proposal development and writing for general operating support, capital projects, and specific programs
- Act as liaison between the funder and the museum in order to facilitate the fulfillment of sponsorship obligations to the donor both from a content and financial perspective
- Work with the museum’s marketing team and/or event coordinator to manage donor recognition, press releases, participation in special events, and other outward-facing activities
- Conduct cultivation visits with existing and potential donors
- Design, update, issue, and track partnership agreements, invoices, and annual partnership reports
- Communicate opportunities, news, and program updates to new potential corporate partners as well as existing partners
Corporate and University Membership
- Use the recently piloted University Membership program as a base to create a sustainable membership program that is mutually beneficial to the museum and local universities
- Develop relationships with corporate and university members in order to understand their business needs and how the museum could play a part in the overall happiness of their employees, students, or faculty
- Serve as the frontline for corporate and university membership; overseeing monthly renewals, upgrade and solicitation materials, telephone and email inquiries, and providing customer service/troubleshooting
- Fulfill corporate and university member and sponsor benefit obligations and requests, including complimentary Museum passes, Executive Passes, invitations to programs and openings, and more
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator during on-site and off-cite corporate volunteer events that benefit the EcoTarium
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit corporate volunteer groups
- Create a pipeline to move corporate volunteers to corporate donors
- Maintain files and manage a growing corporate portfolio
- Will perform other development-driven special event activities and coordination as may be required
- Oversee data entry in the museum’s donor database (Altru) related to corporate members and sponsors and corporate prospects
- Non-Essential Functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to: Human Resources, Attn: Corporate Relations Officer, EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA 01604 or email:
with “Corporate Relations Officer” in the subject line. Review begins immediately, applications accepted until position is filled.