Monday, April 19- Friday, April 23, 2021
The Wild Around You
Think nature is a world away? Think again! Tons of amazing animals and plants live right in your own backyard--and some are even closer. Become a sustainability superhero as you collect, experiment, grow, and discover your place within our incredible ecosystem!
Each camper will receive a kit box with extensive nature discovery and environmental science activities to complete throughout the week, plus access to online instruction with EcoTarium educators.
Limited spaces available, guarantee your spot by registering today!
Campers (ages 5-14) will log onto Zoom each day at 10 a.m. for a one-hour session with EcoTarium educators. Together they'll use scientific principles to experiment, design, build and grow. Kit activities include, but are not limited to:
- Bee a Friend: Design and build a pollinator bee hotel
- H2WhOa: Create a filtration system for dirty water, then test its pH
- Capillary Action: Build a colorful model to explain how plants get nutrients
- Track It!: Plant seeds in your own root view garden and watch them grow
- Whoooo’s Inside?: Dissect an owl pellet to explore how owls survive
- Plus, DIY compost tea, seed bombs, encounters with our resident animals, and much more!
$150.00. This includes the cost of the week's programming and the supply kit.
- If you plan to have your kit mailed to your residence (see below), please register your camper(s) by Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- If you plan to pick your kit up from the museum (see below), please register your camper(s) by Friday, April 16, 2021 at 12 noon.
RECEIVING YOUR KIT
There are two ways to receive a supply kit for camp:
- US Mail. You may opt to have your kit mailed to your residence. Unless otherwise indicated, the address you register with will be the kit destination. Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email asking you to confirm the address for the kit.
- Pickup. You may pick up your kit(s) at Crow Hill (Harrington Way, across the street from the museum) on Saturday, April 17, 2021 from 9 a.m to 12 noon.
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.