Title: Collections Volunteer
The Worcester EcoTarium seeks volunteers who are interested in making a contribution to science by uncovering lost specimens in the EcoTarium collection! Photograph, measure, and take notes on birds, eggs, seashells, or pressed flowers.
This is an excellent position for a high school or college student considering a career in biology or lab bench science. It is also appropriate for citizen scientists of any age. It offers an opportunity to see examples of rare or extinct plants and animals.
- Working with our collection management staff to rehouse, conserve, catalog and database specimens
- Aid in specimen preservation, and digitizing scientific data for worldwide availability
- Tuesday - Friday 4 hours per week, volunteers are asked to make a six-month commitment to the volunteer position
- Interest and/or experience with natural history collections, museum collections, photography, and data entry preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lift 30lbs
- Interest in how museums connect people with nature and science
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Asante Twi, Vietnamese, or Latin preferred
- Must pass a CORI/SORI background check
Disclaimer: Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, fill out the general volunteer form below and choose Collections as your preferred department!