YOU be the Curator!
Thanks to all of you who voted as part of upcoming Community Curators exhibit, here are your two choices that will be featured in the exhibit:
Three Toed Sloth
- Native to Central America and parts of South America
- Found in tropical rainforests
- Collected in South America 1933
- North Atlantic coastlines, islands and waters
- Favors cold waters
- Collected in Norway August 18, 1906
The EcoTarium is in development of a new temporary exhibit drawing from our natural history collections. Today's researchers use natural history collections in a variety of ways including genome studies, biology-inspired design, advancements in human health and studying the effects of climate change. Each object in our Community Curators exhibit will tell a story about climate change.
A total of five objects will be on exhibit: three chosen by guest curators and two by public vote.
Community Curators: Local is the New Global is slated to open in January, 2020.