Our Buildings & Grounds Department is seeking a Custodial Technician 1 to join their team. Come be a part of this strong, reliable team!
The Custodial Technician 1 performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining museum buildings, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. The Custodian provides employees and guests with clean, safe facilities that enhance their positive experience while assuring a stable and safe environment. Custodian also provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
This is a part-time, weekend position.
In this role, you will:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans exhibit spaces, hallways, restrooms, offices, kitchen, stairways and windows.
- Picks up and removes waste when necessary in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties wastebaskets and recycling receptacles.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting and program rooms.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways when needed.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Opens and closes museum building according to security procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Assist with small fixes in the building and around the grounds.
- Assist with grounds work including but not limited to weeding, mulching and weed whacking, leaf blowing and/or snow removal.
A successful candidate will:
- Excellent guest service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to make independent judgments and prioritize tasks without direct supervision
- Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and highly dependable
Requirements of the job:
- High school diploma or equivalent with certification in related field preferred
- At least 1-year commercial facility custodial experience
- Must pass CORI and SORI background checks according to EcoTarium guidelines
- All elements of physical labor are required such as heavy lifting (up to 60 lbs.), climbing ladders, crawling/kneeling, reaching and pushing/pulling.
- Ability to read documents for general understanding and analytical purposes and to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends.
Status: Non-Exempt/ Part-Time up to 25hrs/week/Weekends