The EcoTarium seeks a skilled and detailed-oriented team player as a Digital Content Manager. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing a complete digital marketing strategy in order to increase visitor engagement, broaden the museum’s audience base, and improve marketing and sales efforts in line with EcoTarium programming and strategic priorities. The Digital Content Manager will create consistent, meaningful content on all digital and social media platforms as well as act quickly and gracefully to respond to online customer concerns or comments.
- Design and produce high-quality, shareable, and unique content across a variety of channels in partnership with lead staff from multiple departments.
- Create and manage a rich content editorial calendar.
- Drive the collection of content and timeline to ensure best quality production across all digital platforms.
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple departments to create a holistic social persona.
- Coordinate, curate, capture, and design website, graphics, video, and photo assets.
- Build and oversee database of photo and video assets.
- Manage all social media sites, utilize new social media outlets that are conducive to the museum’s growth as they arise.
- Build, deploy, and monitor all social campaigns, paid and organic search engine marketing.
- Maintain and update institutional website to increase museum visitation and philanthropic support.
- Responsible for keyword research, SEO, SEM and web optimization.
- Curate content for monthly newsletters and eblasts, maintain all distribution lists in coordination with Development team members.
- Handle design edits as needed for printed material.
- Build and manage all reporting activities including campaign performance and ROI analysis.
- Curate, launch, and manage marketing campaigns for existing/temporary and new exhibits, significant events among the living collection (a new animal acquisition or birthday, for example), and other educational programming.
- Managing all comments and requests from customers online with the exception of donor/membership communications which will be answered in collaboration with members of the Development team.
- Manage the digital marketing stations located at museum entryways.
- Drive online donations to the organization.
- Interact with online customer base in response to questions, comments, and/or concerns.
- Assist in event productions onsite.
- Coordinate, shoot, and promote live programs.
- Work with Development team members to create support documents for individual and/or corporate donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree – BA/BS
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in planning, writing, and managing social media networks, websites, electronic communications, and other online media
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building an online network and relationships with a virtual constituency
- Graphic design experience
- Excellent communications skills, collaborates well in a small team, self-starter, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to tailor message formats and content to target audiences
- Able to identify high performing topics or issues in current digital marketing efforts
- Proficiency with much of the following: social, (Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, FB, etc.) digital, (Eloqua, CMS, WordPress, UberFlip, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics), design (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Prezi, PowerPoint) and video editing (IMovie, Final Cut Pro or the like), Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office
The EcoTarium believes that science and nature are for everyone. We recognize the incredible value of the diversity of the human experience and we are committed to making equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion imperative in how we operate. We prioritize respect, inclusion, and opportunities for people of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination of any kind.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Human Resources via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request accommodation at any time. Please contact Patty Huzar (Director of Human Resources) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-929-2700 ext 2708.