Science Tricks and Animal Treats
- This event has passed.
Weekend of 10/26 + 10/27! (Rain or Shine) Grab your cloak: the EcoTarium is in disguise this Halloween!* Why choose between tricks and treats when they’re so exciting? Join our educators for sneaky science programs about animal camouflage, invisible forces, and secret powers, then join our wildlife keepers to learn about the treats and training that enrich our resident animals lives. For maximum fun, test drive your Halloween costume – or come in disguise!
Time Specific Activities
- 10:30: Mountain Lion Habitat Enrichment Reveal – Wild Cat Station
- 11:00: Planetarium – Passport to the Universe
- 11:30: Toys, Treats, and Training – Animal Corner
- 12:00: Science Discovery “Invisible Forces” – Secrets of the Forest
- 1:00: Planetarium – Wizards in the Stars (Live Show)
- 2:00: Science Discovery “Animals in Disguise” – Secrets of the Forest
- 2:30: Toys, Treats, and Training – Fox Exhibit (Nature Explore)
- 3:00: Planetarium – Mysteries of the Unseen World
- 10:00-4:00 Trick or Treat Stations – Whole Museum
- 10:00-4:00 Glow Zone – Hirsh Center, Lower Level
- 10:00-4:00 Face Painter – Upper Level
- 10:00-4:00 Tumbling with the Little Gym – Lower Level
- 10:00-2:00 Meet the Mass Pirates – Lower Level
- 10:00-12:00 Boo Bubbles – Middle Level
- 1:00-4:00 Vanishing Ghosts – Middle Level
- 1:00-4:00 Table Talk Pies -Middle Level
Science Tricks & Animal Treats event held again on Sunday, 10/27 from 12-4 p.m.FREE WITH ADMISSION
*After careful evaluation and reflection, the museum will not offer the Great Pumpkin Festival evening event any longer. Instead the new Science Tricks and Animal Treats event aims to engage visitors about the sneaky science of disguise: such as camouflage, invisible forces and other secret powers that animals possess.