Animal & Science Discoveries
Daily and weekly programs that spark learning with hands-on activities and live animals!
- Science Discovery: Science-fueled fun and cool facts about the world around us
- Animal Discovery: An up-close look at one of our resident wildlife and an in-depth session with a wildlife staff member who cares for them
- Animal Story Time: Go on a journey through story time and a live animal experience (Wednesdays, 10:30-11 a.m.)
Don’t Miss This Special Programming:
February School Vacation: Daily Programs (Free with Admission) – February 17-21, 2020:
- Theme: Engineering Week
Attention all up-and-coming designers and inventors: Do you like finding creative solutions to tough challenges? Do you love tinkering and fixing? Join us to explore how engineers work to improve everything from the air we breathe to the clothes we wear; then plan, create and test inventions of your own. If you can dream it, you can build it!
- 11:30 a.m. – Offbeat Feet: Talons, Flippers and Tubes
Flippers in the desert? Claws in the ocean? When it comes to getting around, feet are definitely not one-size-fits-all! Explore the amazing ways animals propel themselves, stick to vertical surfaces, and scale incredible heights. Then sketch blueprints for a new and improved foot of your own creation.
- 2:30 p.m. – Build it Better: Design Challenge
Soup too hot? Can’t find your keys? Need a bridge? Call an engineer! Or better yet, become one, and plan, build and test your solution to a problem. You’ll turn trash into treasure by using common materials to design your way out of a predicament. Discover first hand how engineering improves our lives in surprising ways!
Click on the buttons below to get up-to-date with our daily activities and engaging opportunities.