Uncover the strategies that people use to store and conserve water — and predictions for the future of Earth’s most precious resource.
- Calculate how much water is needed to make things we consume every day.
- How does a lack of water affect the bodies and adaptations of animals living in dry climates?
- How do tiny shoreline animals withstand the force of pounding ocean waves?
- Explore how animals move through water and pull food from the water.
- Learn how water shapes rock, what causes sand to look different on beaches around the world. What causes fossil prints of plants to form under water?
Nearby, check out the tide pool tank, full of crabs, sea stars, mussels, and other shoreline creatures. Take a seat to watch how New England’s coastal critters feed, crawl, and interact.