Our Buildings & Grounds Department is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team. Come be a part of this strong, reliable team!
The Maintenance Technician will work in all areas of the department but is primarily focused on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing building operations and maintenance, as well as maintenance and repair of the narrow-gauge railroad, grounds equipment, and security systems.
This role is critical in order to provide employees and guests with clean, safe facilities that enhance their positive experience while assuring a stable and safe environment. The technician inspects, tests, and performs operation and maintenance, and preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical, electrical, and automatic temperature control equipment, utilizing results-oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation, in accordance with operations manuals and manufacturer's specifications.
In this role, you will:
- Perform general and preventative maintenance of all equipment, systems, and grounds vehicles.
- Create and maintain preventative maintenance logs on all equipment, systems, and grounds vehicles.
- Participation in set-up and takedown of accessories for museum functions and educational programs.
- Participation in the general repair and maintenance of all facility vehicles and equipment for the buildings and grounds department.
- Participate in the daily maintenance of the inside and outside of all facilities. This includes lawn mowing, sweeping, snow plowing, shoveling, and rubbish removal.
- Monitor supply inventory and handle requisition with the Facilities Director.
- Interact with various outside maintenance support companies as requested by the Facilities Director.
- Be welcoming and gracious to all guests.
- Participate in the monitoring of building and grounds security and safety on a daily basis. This includes daily sweeps at the end of the day and responding to security calls during the workday and after hours.
- Ensure that the museum is in compliance with building-related local, State, and Federal laws and regulatory standards, including but not limited to OSHA and safety standards.
- Sets up and tear down chairs, tables, and equipment in meeting and program rooms.
A successful candidate is someone that:
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and willingness to work as a team
- An ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently and flex schedule as needed
- An ability to make independent judgments and prioritize tasks without direct supervision
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Can work a flexible schedule according to museum needs (weekends and occasional nights)
- Is highly dependable
Requirements of the job:
- High school diploma or equivalent with certification in related field preferred
- 5 years related work experience preferred
- Commercial facility mechanical maintenance experience
- Aptitude for equipment mechanics preferred
- Experience in using various hand tools, power equipment, and operating heavy machinery
- Must pass CORI and SORI background checks
- Have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Physical labor is required such as heavy lifting (up to 60 lbs.), climbing ladders, crawling/kneeling, reaching, and pushing/pulling.
- Ability to read documents for general understanding and analytical purposes and to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
The EcoTarium believes that science and nature are for everyone. We recognize the incredible value of the diversity of the human experience and we are committed to making equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion imperative in how we operate. We prioritize respect, inclusion, and opportunities for people of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination of any kind.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Human Resources via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request accommodation at any time. Please contact Patty Huzar (Director of Human Resources) at email@example.com or 508-929-2700 ext 2708.