Available in 2021. Currently on hold due to COVID-19 state guidelines.
Bring your family, students, scouts or youth group on a unique overnight adventure.
Enjoy a night of hands-on thematic programming and exploration! Designed expressly for groups of children ages 5-14, overnights at the EcoTarium are educational, interactive and FUN!
What's a Night Journey?
- A variety of engaging science, nature, and live animal exhibits
- Special hands-on programming, exploring a scientific theme
- A full-dome digital planetarium show
- A late night and early morning: Bedtime after 10:30pm, wake-up at 6:00 a.m.
- Simple breakfast
- A free return pass for each child attending the overnight
Planning Your Overnight:
- When: September through June on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Required Group Size: 28 or more
- Arrival begins at 5:00 p.m.; Check-in begins at 5:30 p.m.; Programming begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday or Friday overnight: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday overnight: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Age Requirement: Children must be age 5 or older to attend. Five-year-olds must come with appropriate supervision.
- Minimum Chaperone Requirement: 1 per every 5 children.
- Sleeping Accommodations: Overnight guests will be sleeping on the floor among the museum exhibits – please plan accordingly.
- $55 per person for Thursday or Friday overnight
- $60 per person for Saturday overnight
- Prices apply to children and chaperones
- Optional Add-Ons
- Snack and Dinner options are available for purchase the night of the event
- Night Journey Experience Patches are available for $1.50 each plus tax (paid in advance with reservation)
- Guests may choose to stay for the day following their overnight for an additional $5 each to further explore the museum and grounds (paid individually that morning)
How to Book Your Overnight Program:
- Estimate your group size and consider some possible dates.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.929.2703 to reserve your date at least one month in advance. A $150 non-refundable deposit is required at booking. Many dates fill quickly, so we recommend that groups reserve their date early.
- Final group size* and remaining balance are due no later than one month prior to your overnight. Be sure to share the overnight information sheet with all chaperones.
*Please understand that we may not be able to accommodate your group size change if the maximum capacity for the night has been reached.
If your group has members with severe allergies, please let us know at least two weeks in advance of your overnight so that we can help you plan accordingly.
Our Program Themes:
Overnight groups will get to enjoy one of the following three themes during their overnight. Group leaders are welcome to share their theme preferences with us before their final payment is due; however, we cannot guarantee that any group will experience their preferred theme.
Crimes, Codes, & Clues
A night of plot twists and intrigue! Solve an animal-centered mystery using logic, fingerprints, DNA, and codes!
Stars & Space
Zip around the solar system in our planetarium, explore Mars, and land your own probe on the red planet! Observe the constellations and, weather permitting, take a look through a telescope!
Science for Wizards
Explore the scientific method and use science to feel like a wizard as you attend 'classes' in some of your favorite magical subjects, such as potions and astronomy! Non-magic folk welcome. Wand and robes encouraged but not required.
Want More Museum Time?
A Night Journey is an exciting way to experience what the EcoTarium is all about; however, since most of our time together is spent engaging in special themed programming, there is always much more to explore. In addition to the free return pass for each child, we also offer a Museum Day Add-On option to see more of the museum!
- Museum Day Add-On: For an additional $5 per person, overnight guests may choose to stay at the museum on the morning after their Night Journey for the two hours before the museum opens to the public and through the full museum day. The Museum Day Add-On option may be purchased as-needed the morning after the overnight at the Tickets & Information Desk.