Looking For A Unique Birthday Idea?
Consider holding your next birthday bash at the EcoTarium. With fun science and nature activities, and a whole museum to explore, children's birthday parties at the EcoTarium are both educational and exciting!
- Birthday parties may be arranged on Saturdays and Sundays. Saturday parties are held at 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. Sunday parties are held at 2:00 p.m.
- You may bring cake, ice cream and pre-packaged food and drinks (chips, pretzels, juice, soda, etc.) to the party. Other food items may be delivered by a licensed food establishment. See our Frequently Asked Questions for names and telephone numbers of local pizzerias that frequent the EcoTarium.
- For the safety of our animals, we ask that you do not bring balloons, piñatas or straws (including juice box straws) to the party as these items can be hazardous to their health.
- Please arrive 20 minutes early for your party. To be able to fit in all of the fun activities, please be on time! Guests will be directed to your party room when they arrive.
- Parties last for two hours, after which the room must be vacated; however, you and your guests are welcome to enjoy the museum and grounds afterwards until closing.
Tots and Tails
For this birthday party designed especially for toddlers (ages 2 to 4), you invite your child's friends to bring along their favorite stuffed animal. The birthday child and guests will make an animal mask for themselves, put on a matching tail, and then decorate a party hat for their stuffed animal buddy. Then they'll all parade through the EcoTarium, past all kinds of exhibited animals, to the delight of everyone watching!
Afterwards, there will be time for cake and gifts, plus an assortment of birthday party games (including Feed Slydell the Otter, Siegfried Says, and Animal Bingo).
Welcome fellow scientists to our Science Investigators Party! During this party, we’ll be conducting some fun simple science experiments together involving chemistry, electricity, engineering, and water. You’ll even be able to bring home your own slimy experiment. And that’s not all the scienterrific fun! We’ll also play some science games that are sure to cause a stir! So put on your safety goggles and come join us in the lab (classroom )!
Each Birthday Package Includes:
- A private room for two hours, includes time for cake and gifts if you choose
- Host(s) to assist you for the length of your party
- Downloadable party invitation and thank-you notes
- Return visit pass for all children attending
- $10 gift certificate to the EcoTarium Museum Shop for the birthday child (or two $5 gift certificates for a double party)
What makes things glow? Why do certain colors of the rainbow hold more energy than all the rest? Join us at the EcoTarium for a hands-on birthday adventure that explores these questions in a light-hearted and fun way.
You and your friends will sit around table-sized glow boards, and then we'll turn down the lights! You'll experiment with writing with light, drawing with special flashlights, and creating your own glowing stories using transparencies of animals that only come out after dark.
Before the lights come back on, you'll even receive a visit from a live animal that glows green under black light.
Plus, you and your friends will each make your own glow-in-the-dark craft to take home as a reminder of your special day at the EcoTarium.
What is more exciting than exploring the planets and stars in a rocket ship even if it's only in our imaginations?
In this EcoTarium birthday party, the fun starts with a round of Space Twister, our intergalactic spin on the classic floor game.
After untangling yourselves, you and your guests will then create and decorate your own stomp rocket. Use your imagination and add feathers, stickers, and ribbon to make it your own. When finished, it's time for the final countdown and blast-off! How high can you make your rocket fly? Launching is held indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather.
Everyone takes their rocket home, along with instructions on how to make more to continue the fun!
Consider extending the experience after the party by visiting our digital planetarium to see "Secret of the Cardboard Rocket," a film about two curious kids who turn a cardboard carton into a rocket and blast off to explore the solar system (additional fee applies).
Become an EcoTarium Paleontologist and join in an excavation to discover dinosaur bones from these amazing reptiles. We will excavate dinosaur bones and other ancient fossils locked deep in the earth. Use a variety of tools and techniques to bring these fossils to the surface. Afterwards, we'll also complete a fun take-home dino activity that's sure to impress any paleontologist.
Then, join in a fun dinosaur game or two! After game time, we will march to the lower courtyard of the museum to take a group photo with the EcoTarium's own dinosaur, Siegfried the Stegosaurus. Be sure to bring a camera!
- $280 (Members $250): up to 15 children/ 30 people in total including adults (under 2 are free, not included in the count); 1 Host, 1 room
- $375 (Members $345): up to 20 children/ 40 people in total including adults (under 2 are free, not included in the count); 2 Hosts, larger room
- Explorer Express train ride: add $2 additional per person
- Planetarium show: add $5 additional per person
- Colorful Paper Goods: add $50