Virtual Summer Discovery Camp 2020 What to Expect from Virtual Summer Discovery Camp
- One hour of counselor-led Zoom programming every morning (five days) at 10:00 a.m.
- Extensive activities for campers to complete at home with some guidance from counselors over the course of the week.
- Boxes of kits and supplies for all activities planned for the week. Parents will pick up kits at Crow Hill on the Thursday afternoon before their camp week at a scheduled time between 4:15 and 4:45 p.m.. Parents will be asked to come solo and wear masks. Staff will wear PPE.
- Half hour of “Camper Connection” Zoom time with a counselor every afternoon (five days) for campers to play games and build camp community with other campers their own age in a smaller group (an assigned time between 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- A list of supplemental activity ideas and online resources that camp families can use to expand their camp experience during the week, if they so choose.
- Friday camp wrap-up Zoom session 4:00 p.m., includes all campers
- Evaluation sent to parents at the end of the week.
- Price: $280 for members, $300 for non-members
- Registration Deadline: Thursday at 12:00 p.m. (noon) the week before the session begins.
- For Ages 5-14
- Note: We anticipate that campers ages 5-7 will need parental assistance with most or all of the hands-on camp activities. Older campers will also need occasional assistance completing some camp activities.
⬇ Register Below ⬇
Caring for animals can be a full-time job! Whether domestic or exotic, trained or wild, we’ll find out what it takes to give animals everything they need to be happy and healthy.
- Design an exhibit habitat for a particular animal that meets all of its needs
- Practice the basics of animal training to learn how animals can help their humans take care of them
What does it mean to be a naturalist? Explore the museum’s historic collections and try your hand at modern methods for studying the beauty and diversity of nature.
- Study rock formation by investigating a geode
- Participate in citizen science projects (yes, even from inside your home!)
To compliment Virtual Summer Camp, our Summer Discovery Camp offerings are available and open for registration
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.