We are thrilled to help our community get outside and be together as a family during this time. Please note that the Governor has issued a “Safer At Home” advisory and we ask that you please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are considered to be in a high risk category. This will help protect you, our guests, our staff, and our animals! All guests will be required to wear masks unless it is medically impossible to do so. If you arrive without a mask, and have no medical exemption, you will be asked to put one on. Refunds will not be issued if you refuse to wear a mask for any reason other than a valid medical reason. This protects you, other guests, our staff and our animals.
The EcoTarium museum of science and nature outdoor grounds will re-open to the public on Thursday, June 4, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Current Museum Operating Hours: Thursday- Sunday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (CLOSED Monday-Wednesday)
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate in accordance with the Governor’s orders.
What spaces does this include at the EcoTarium:
- Scenic paths and trails
- Upper and lower ponds
- Resident wildlife habitats: Wild Cat Station, native birds, bald eagles, owls, red fox, river otters
- Please note, aside from restrooms the museum buildings will not be open to the public during this phase
What spaces are not included in Phase One of Re-Opening:
Per the Governor’s order the following spaces and experiences remain closed:
- The main museum building
- The museum gift shop
- Concessions (you may purchase waters and snacks from the online store and pick up at Sundial Plaza, you may also bring food and beverages but all trash must be carried out)
- Animal Corner
- The Explorer Express Train, included in Phase 3 or 4 under Amusement Parks per the Governor’s order
- Nature Explore
- There will not be in person programming however please keep an eye out for QR codes that will take you to online experiences, information, and fun facts from our education and living collections teams
MANDATORY SAFETY STANDARDS
Following the Governor’s order and mandatory safety standards that were put forward by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the EcoTarium will continue to adhere to the protocols and best practices to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus at all times. These measures include maintaining a safer at home policy for all non-essential staff, social distancing and hygiene protocols.
These standards are to ensure the protection of museum staff, resident animals and our visitors.
- All staff are required to wear protective equipment including masks
- We will conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces.
ADMISSION & TICKETS
In order to remain as accessible as possible to all in our community the EcoTarium is switching to a flexible pricing model for the period of time that requires social distancing and online ticketing to manage capacity.
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate.
- Please note NO cash transactions will be allowed onsite at the EcoTarium.
- Our institution is dependent on income from admissions to operate, and our regular ticket prices are $19 for adults, $14 for children and students and $15 for seniors. Please choose the price point for each ticket type that you are comfortable with and we cannot wait to see you at the EcoTarium soon.
- Please note, the time listed on your ticket reflects the one-hour slot which you should plan to arrive at the museum, your ticket is valid for the remainder of the day. To help us manage capacity please plan to arrive as close to the hour as possible.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ECOTARIUM VISITORS
- If you have been ill or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, headache, sore throat, coughing, etc. and to those who are considered high-risk: please stay home.
- Timed advance ticket purchases are required. We will not be taking walk-in visits at this time.
- Unless a family or group arrives together, all guests must remain at least six feet apart. If you are planning to meet friends at the EcoTarium, your groups must remain at least six feet apart from each other.
- To ensure safety and respect for all of our visitors, we ask you to please be on time.
- Face masks with ear loops are required. We ask everybody to remain masked at all times. If you do not have one we may have one to offer. If you refuse to wear a mask and do not have a legitimate medical reason, you will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. This is to protect yourself, other guests, our staff and our animals.
MEMBERS-ONLY ADVANCE OPENING
Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31 from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
We are thrilled to offer our members the exclusive opportunity to visit the EcoTarium before we open to the public.