We’re Open Weekends! Come Visit Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CLOSED Monday - Friday)
Make the most out of what’s left of summer, and say hi to Socks the fox, mountain lions Salton and Freyja, and the rest of our residents as you explore our grounds! We’re open on weekends, including the main museum building, most indoor exhibits, and outdoor food service. Advance timed tickets are required. We continue to follow social distancing measures and cleaning protocols to keep our staff, wildlife and guests safe. Please check our web page for the most updated list and what to expect. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you soon!
- Saturdays & Sundays
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate in accordance with the Governor’s orders.
What spaces are currently open at the EcoTarium:
- The main museum building
- Scenic paths and trails
- Upper and lower ponds
- Resident wildlife habitats: Wild Cat Station, native birds, bald eagles, owls, red fox, river otters
- Nature Explore (with restrictions - five families at a time. Masks at all times.)
- Lower Plaza: view animals in outdoor habitats
- Food service will be available outside at the Pavilion. Edible Creations by Gerry menu items will include hamburgers, sandwiches, pizza, and drinks.
Locate the QR codes throughout the grounds that link to online experiences, information, and fun facts from our education and living collections teams!
What spaces are not currently open at this time:
Per the Governor’s order the following spaces and experiences remain closed:
- Animal Corner
- The indoor Snack Area
- The Arctic Next Door: Mount Washington indoor exhibit on the top level of the museum
- The Explorer Express Train
- Alden Digital Planetarium
- In-person program offerings
MANDATORY SAFETY STANDARDS
Following the Governor’s order and mandatory safety standards that were put forward by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the EcoTarium will continue to adhere to the protocols and best practices to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus at all times. These measures include maintaining a safer at home policy for all non-essential staff, social distancing and hygiene protocols.
These standards are to ensure the protection of museum staff, resident animals and our visitors.
- All staff are required to wear protective equipment including masks
- We will conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces.
ADMISSION & TICKETS
In order to remain as accessible as possible to all in our community the EcoTarium is switching to a flexible pricing model for the period of time that requires social distancing and online ticketing to manage capacity.
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate.
- Please note NO cash transactions will be allowed onsite at the EcoTarium.
- Our institution is dependent on income from admissions to operate, and our regular ticket prices are $19 for adults, $14 for children and students and $15 for seniors. Please choose the price point for each ticket type that you are comfortable with and we cannot wait to see you at the EcoTarium soon.
- Please note, the time listed on your ticket reflects the one-hour slot which you should plan to arrive at the museum, your ticket is valid for the remainder of the day. To help us manage capacity please plan to arrive as close to the hour as possible.
For EcoTarium Members:
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ECOTARIUM VISITORS
- If you have been ill or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, headache, sore throat, coughing, etc. and to those who are considered high-risk: please stay home.
- Timed advance ticket purchases are required. We will not be taking walk-in visits at this time.
- Unless a family or group arrives together, all guests must remain at least six feet apart. If you are planning to meet friends at the EcoTarium, your groups must remain at least six feet apart from each other.
- To ensure safety and respect for all of our visitors, we ask you to please be on time.
- Face masks with ear loops are required. We ask everybody to remain masked at all times. If you do not have one we may have one to offer. If you refuse to wear a mask and do not have a legitimate medical reason, you will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. This is to protect yourself, other guests, our staff and our animals.