Extraordinary Explorations and Awesome Adventures As of June 10, Summer Discovery Camp Will Be Held In-Person
- Camp will begin Monday, July 6 for ImagiNature week, and run through August
Important Safety Guidelines During Camp This Summer:
- Campers will be in groups of no more than 10 campers and two counselors. Campers will be expected wear masks and to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others whenever possible. Different camp groups will not mix.
- More details outlining our specific plans to comply with physical distancing and disinfecting guidelines will be available before camp begins. Parents with specific questions may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new Parent Welcome Packet will be sent out with updated information regarding changes to our programming, preparing your child for camp, and drop-off and pick-up instructions.
Campers become immersed in hands-on science and nature activities alongside friends old and new. A mix of traditional camp songs and games adds to the weekly experience.
- Register: online, or call 508.929.2703
- Camper age: MUST be 4 ½ (half day program only) or 5 years old by June 22, 2020
- Camp hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Half-day Tadpole (ages 4 ½ - 6) hours: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Pricing per week
- Ages 7–14* (Investigators and CITs): $345 for members, $365 for non-members
- Ages 4.5–6 (Tadpoles) Half Day: $195
- Ages 5–6 (Tadpoles) Full Day): $360 for members, $380 for non-members
Extended care hours offered: 7:30-9 a.m., and 4-5:30 p.m.
- AM $75 for the week
- PM $75 for the week
Deposits & Payments:
- Phone: 50% per session per child (balance due May 15, 2020)
- Online: paid in full at time of registration
All camp payments are non-refundable now that our camp season has officially started. For families that have already registered and do not wish to attend camp onsite, we are able to transfer your camp session to our virtual platform.
Summer Camp Parent Welcome Packet 2020
- Our camper paperwork system will be changing this year. More information will be
provided shortly after registration begins.
- Camper forms are going digital! Starting February 1, 2020, all of our camper paperwork
(except initial registration & payment) can be submitted online through CampDoc. An
online link to complete your required camp paperwork through CampDoc will be sent to
you via email after your initial registration through the EcoTarium.
- Required camp paperwork includes acknowledgement of our camp guidelines, as well as
required health forms, permission forms, and waivers. It is the parent/guardian's
responsibility to complete and return these forms before the child attends camp. State
and local camp regulations require us to send your child home if we do not have these
forms on file.
- If you have any questions about the camp paperwork process, please contact our Camp
Director at email@example.com or 508.929.2721.
2020 Summer Discovery Camp
Explore the museum’s historic collections and try your hand at modern methods for studying the beauty and diversity of nature.
Open to ages 4.5-10.
Our Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program is for young teens interested in learning and teaching science and nature topics. Teens build leadership skills and explore what it means to be productive members of their community. CITs will spend part of their day participating in standard camper activities and part of their day with their mentor counselor exploring what it means to be a leader and role model. CITs will leave this program with stronger communication skills and a better understanding of who they are as leaders. This program is also excellent preparation for our popular Junior Counselor volunteer program, which we are unable to offer this year but we expect to be back in following summers.
Click on the dates above to Register!
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.