Become a Member and Get More! Make new discoveries, indoors and outdoors, each and every time you visit!
Choose a Membership:
- Individual Membership- $75
- Family Base Membership- $125 (this level admits 4 individuals at once. Add up to 4 additional members for $25 per person)
- Add unlimited train rides for $50 per year
For individuals interested in supporting the EcoTarium and the local community. When you join the 1825 Society, your donation supports our SCOPE program which was created to promote inclusivity through increasing access to the museum for all. For more information, please call Kerry Castorano at 508-929-2716.
Other Types of Memberships:
- Corporate Membership- To learn more about our Corporate Membership program click here
- Library Membership- This program provides libraries with EcoTarium admission coupons for their patrons. For more information, please call 508-929-2741 or click here to download our online application
- Social Service Agency Membership- A discounted admission program for organizations, state and municipal agencies that offer residential or day programs. For more information, please call 508.929.2741 or click here to download our online application
EcoTarium Members Get More Become a member today to enjoy 12 months of these incredible benefits:
- Free or reduced admission to more than 350 ASTC Passport Program Science And Technology Centers And Museums Around The Country
- Receive 50% off general admission for up to six guests at 200 children's museums through the ACM Reciprocal Network
- Discounted rates:
- Explorer Express Train tickets
- Planetarium shows
- Summer and School Vacation Week Camps
- Birthday parties
- 10% off purchases in museum shop and gift memberships
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Becoming a member is easy! Any of these four simple ways will begin your year's worth of fun:
- During your visit, purchase a membership at the Tickets & Information Desk. You can apply that day's Gate Admission toward the cost of your membership! (Admissions applied must correspond with level of membership purchased, for example: you can apply one Gate Admission for an Individual Membership; two adult and two child admissions for a Family Base membership.)
- Call Guest Services at 508.929.2700 or the Membership Department at 508.929.2741 to speak with our staff and charge by phone using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Complete our online membership application, using a credit card.
- Print the membership application and mail with your check, credit card number, or money order to: EcoTarium, 222 Harrington Way, Worcester MA 01604.
Your membership is valid for one year from the time of purchase, so you receive a full 12 months of membership. For example, if you purchase your membership in the month of January 2019, then your membership will be active through the last day of January 2020. If you purchase a two year membership, then you will receive a full 24 months of membership. Gift memberships are not active until they have been redeemed.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery of your membership cards. If you haven't received your card after this time period, please contact the Membership Department at 508.929.2741, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes! The staff at the Admission Gate and the Ticket & Information Desk can see that you've joined or renewed and will make sure you receive all your benefits! And when you visit we will give you a temporary membership card, which is valid until you receive your annual cards in the mail. Please note: you will need a valid membership card or a temporary card, along with matching identification, to visit museums in the Association of Science and Technology (ASTC) Passport reciprocal program(link is external) (for all EcoTarium members) and in the Association of Children's Museums (ACM)(link is external) (for Family Base level members and above).
EcoTarium memberships purchased online can be used at the EcoTarium immediately by bringing your photo ID and confirmation email to the admissions gate.
Members at the Family Base level and above will receive two membership cards. Each time you pay to upgrade, you will be sent two new card. Additional cards can be purchased for $10 in sets of two.
The EcoTarium, and the ACM and ASTC museums may ask for a photo ID to protect our members, should their card be lost or stolen. As a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership and attendance for support, we try to prevent misuse of membership cards.
The person named on an Individual Membership is the only person allowed to use that membership for free admission, discounts, and reciprocal benefits. The individual purchasing and using this membership must be at least 14 years or older. This membership cannot be used on an individual under the age of 14 even when accompanied by an adult.
Memberships are non-transferable and are valid only for the persons whose names appear on the membership and their chosen guests. As long as one member is present during your visit, admission will be allowed up to the number the membership level allows.
You may purchase a gift membership using any of these options: On our website, in person, or by calling our Membership Department at 508.929.2741 or Guest Services at 508.929.2700.
If purchasing via our website, please check the Gift Membership box, and if you would like us to mail the gift directly to the recipient, please also use their mailing address for the delivery information.
For a Gift Membership, we create a personalized Gift Certificate for the level of membership you are giving. Your gift recipients' year(s) of membership begins when they redeem the Gift Certificate by completing the reverse side and returning it to the EcoTarium, either in person or by mail.
No, memberships cannot be used for groups and are not transferable to other people who are not listed on your membership application. For affordable group rates, please contact Reservations at 508.929.2703 or email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Upgrading your membership, $25 per person, allows you to bring more guests per visit, up to 8. This can be done in person, online, or over the phone.
No, members who bring guests that are not covered under their membership will need to pay the full admission price.
If your card is lost, stolen or destroyed, you can choose to purchase new membership cards
at the Ticket & Information Desk on your next visit or contact the Membership Department at 508.929.2741 or Guest Services at 508.929.2700,or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) . Replacement and/or additional cards cost $10 for two cards.
Unfortunately, you cannot renew into the previous program we offered until 12/31/2019. Although you cannot renew into the previous program we offered, you are a renewing member. Simply fill out the online membership application. Include all of the individuals’ names and check the renewal membership box. It is helpful if you include your current membership ID number, shown on your membership card, but not necessary. Please make sure your address information is correct and up-to-date.
Yes! With your EcoTarium membership card you receive free or reduced admission to over 350 other science and technology centers in the country and the world. Participation by Association of Science and Technology Center (ASTC) members is completely voluntary and can change without notice. We recommend always calling the museum you wish to visit to confirm your benefits before traveling. The EcoTarium participates by giving free admission to members of other ASTC institutions at our Family Base level and above.
EcoTarium members at the Family Base level and above also receive half-priced admission to the 200 museums in the Association of Children's Museums (ACM)(link is external). Be sure to bring your EcoTarium membership card and your ID when visiting other museums!
Yes. They are the Harvard Museum of Natural History, Connecticut Science Center, The Children’s Museum in West Hartford (CT) and Boston Children’s Museum (MA). However, Boston Children’s Museum (MA) and The Children’s Museum in West Hartford (CT) reciprocate with our ACM Reciprocal network, which gives members at the Family Base level ($125) or higher reduced admission.
Yes, parking is free for everyone at the EcoTarium with gate admission.
Don't see your question here? Feel free to call Guest Services at 508.929.2700 (Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) or the Membership Department at 508.929.2741 (Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.). You can also e-mail us at email@example.com(link sends e-mail). If you call or email before or after office hours, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.