Volunteer at the EcoTarium! We simply could not offer the programs and special events that make the EcoTarium a unique resource to our community without our diverse and dedicated corps of volunteers.
To be considered for a general volunteer position, please submit an application here. To apply for the Zoological Ambassador Volunteer position, please locate the more specific application below.
- Educate guests on the importance of animals and their ecosystems while working alongside our animal ambassadors
- Complete behavioral studies on many of the EcoTarium’s resident animals
- Provide a high level of care for a selection of our animal ambassadors
- Volunteers must be 18+
- Volunteers must complete at least one, four-hour shift per week
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
- Summer Education Programs Volunteer
- Nature Explore Play Facilitator – encourage our young guests and their families to build, dig, climb, create art and make music (Seasonal, 16 years+)
- Junior Counselor, Summer Discovery Camp, gain valuable teaching experience in the field of nature and science (seasonal 15 years+)
- Inventory historic natural history collection
- Photograph, measure and take notes on birds, eggs, seashells, or pressed flowers
- Make rare specimens available online
- Enter data to publish photographs of birds, eggs, seashells, or pressed flowers
- Interact with visitors within the Museum’s Curator’s Workshop, a unique interpretive space that places visitors in the turn of the century naturalists office (all 16 years+)
- Become a volunteer: Learn More
- Help maintain gardens
- Adopt a Trail and help maintain our walking trains free of trash and debris (Seasonal, all 16 years+)
Volunteer at one of our events, assist with activities & crafts (15+ years)
Interact with guests, give assistance to our young visitors in our many interactive exhibits located throughout the museum (15 years+)