The EcoTarium is only accepting Volunteer Applications for the Zoology Department at this time. Please contact Rachel Davison at 508.929.2763 or email email@example.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We simply could not offer the programs and special events that make the EcoTarium a unique resource to our community without our diverse and dedicated corps of volunteers.
To be considered for any volunteer position, please submit an application here.
- Inventory historic natural history collection
- Photograph, measure and take notes on birds, eggs, seashells or pressed flowers
- Make rare specimens available online
- Enter data to publish photographs for birds, eggs, seashells or pressed flowers
- Interact with visitors within the Museum’s Curator’s Workshop, a unique interpretive space which places visitors in the turn of the century naturalists office (all 16 years+)
- Become a Library Volunteer: Learn More
Volunteer at one of our events, assist with activities & crafts (15+ years)
Interact with guests, give assistance to our young visitors in our many interactive exhibits located throughout the museum (15 years +)
- Help maintain gardens
- Adopt a Trail and help maintain our walking trains free of trash and debris (Seasonal, all 16 years +)
- 2020 Summer Education Programs Volunteer: Apply Now
- Imagination Playground Play Associate – encourage young guests in child-directed free play (16 years+)
- Nature Explore Play Facilitator – encourage our young guests and their families to build, dig, climb, create art and make music (Seasonal, 16 years +)
- Junior Counselor, Summer Discovery Camp, gain valuable teaching experience in the field of nature and science (seasonal 15 years+)
- Work as a Keeper Aide volunteer to assist Animal Keepers to help provide for the health, safety, care and enrichment of our animal collection
- Keeper Aide volunteers must be 18+
- Keeper Aide volunteers must complete at least one, four-hour shift per week
- Previous animal care experience is preferred
- Please contact Rachel Davison at 508.929.2763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org