All aboard! Calling all train engineers! Would you like an opportunity to work on beautiful museum grounds on a replica of the 1863 C.P. Huntington steam locomotive? The EcoTarium, a museum of science and nature, is seeking an experienced train engineer to join our team.
Our Explorer Express Train provides excitement for EcoTarium visitors. Open-air passenger cars take visitors on a scenic 12-minute ride; a relaxing and beautiful way to see the museum grounds.
As the train engineer you will be responsible for:
- Operating the Explorer Express train
- Providing a 5-minute, educational and safety speech to riders prior to each ride
- Conducting regular maintenance checks and communicate to the maintenance team for repair
- Operating the train sales booth, selling tickets, cash handling, and working with the Altru POS system
- Knowledge of all safety procedures and ability to execute on them in case of emergency
Requirements of the job:
- 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass the engineer training program with sign off from the EcoTarium’s state Certified Maintenance Mechanic
Hourly rate: $15.00
The EcoTarium believes that science and nature are for everyone. We recognize the incredible value of the diversity of the human experience and we are committed to making equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion imperative in how we operate. We prioritize respect, inclusion, and opportunities for people of all backgrounds, lifestyles and perspectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination of any kind.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Human Resources via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the EcoTarium Human Resources Department.