Exploring the natural and physical sciences
The EcoTarium's museum building features three floors of hands-on, interactive exhibits that explore the natural and physical sciences and our New England environment.
Each year, the museum welcomes dynamic traveling exhibits, as well as houses permanent installations that make creative use of the museum's natural history collection and living wildlife.
Hours of Operation:
The EcoTarium is closed on most Mondays, and on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
In the case of severe weather, the museum will follow the operation schedule of Worcester Public Schools: if they are open, we are open; if they are closed, we are closed. You may also call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings. School delays do not impact museum operations.
Did you know? If you become a member of the EcoTarium during your visit, you can apply your admission fee to the cost of your membership.
What to See & Do at the EcoTarium:
- Travel through space in the Alden Digital Planetarium: A National Geographic Theater
- Take in a Science Discovery program
- Walk around scenic nature trails and expansive grounds
- Learn about animal habitats and meet animal residents
- Catch a ride on the Explorer Express Train: April-November
Items For Rent on Museum Grounds:
- Locker: $3
- Single Stroller: $7
- Double Stroller: $9
- Wheelchairs: $9
- ECV scooter $20
EcoTarium's Museum Shop shelves are overflowing with unique treasures and fun gifts to fit all ages, interests and budgets. Come browse our wide selection of plush toys and puppets, science kits, children's books, giftware, field guides, and plenty more.
Gift Passes to visit the EcoTarium and Museum Shop Gift Certificates are available.
EcoTarium members receive 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop! Not a Member? Join or renew today.
- Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, noon to 4 p.m.
- Unique Gift! Art work created by our own resident wildlife
- Atomic Earrings - made with a 3D printer!
- Book variety
- Crazy Aaron kits
- Dinosaur-themed children's picture books, puzzles and more
- Fairtrade and handmade products
- KEVA Building Kits
- Kikkerland gadgets and toys
- Nature-inspired jewelry
- Recycled bottle glassware
- Rubberband jewelry
- Science and robotics kits
- Tangoes puzzle games
Located on the Upper Level of the museum. Admission is waived for those who only have time to shop.
Thank you for your patronage. Your purchases support the EcoTarium's mission and our innovative programs, exhibits and wildlife.
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.929.2720.