Current Museum Operating Hours: Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CLOSED Monday - Friday)
- Saturdays & Sundays
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate in accordance with the Governor’s orders.
What spaces are currently open at the EcoTarium:
- The main museum building
- Scenic paths and trails
- Upper and lower ponds
- Resident wildlife habitats: Wild Cat Station, native birds, bald eagles, owls, red fox, river otters
- Nature Explore (with restrictions - five families at a time. Masks at all times.)
- Lower Plaza: view animals in outdoor habitats
- Food service will be available outside at the Pavilion. Edible Creations by Gerry menu items will include hamburgers, sandwiches, pizza, and drinks.
- The Alden Digital Planetarium (July 18 opening weekend) Only two shows a day. No more than 10 people in a group - groups must be separated by six feet. Tickets will be purchased online. The theater will be cleaned after each show.
Locate the QR codes throughout the grounds that link to online experiences, information, and fun facts from our education and living collections teams!
What spaces are not currently open at this time:
Per the Governor’s order the following spaces and experiences remain closed:
- Animal Corner
- The indoor Snack Area
- The Arctic Next Door: Mount Washington indoor exhibit on the top level of the museum
- The Explorer Express Train
- In-person program offerings
All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate in accordance with the Governor’s orders.
For important admission information and all reopening details, please visit: Reopening Information
For EcoTarium Members:
Exploring the natural and physical sciences
The EcoTarium's museum building features three floors of hands-on, interactive exhibits that explore the natural and physical sciences and our New England environment.
Each year, the museum welcomes dynamic traveling exhibits, as well as houses permanent installations that make creative use of the museum's natural history collection and living wildlife.
Hours of Operation:
The EcoTarium is closed on most Mondays, and on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
In the case of severe weather, the museum will follow the operation schedule of Worcester Public Schools: if they are open, we are open; if they are closed, we are closed. You may also call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings. School delays do not impact museum operations.
Did you know? If you become a member of the EcoTarium during your visit, you can apply your admission fee to the cost of your membership.
What to See & Do at the EcoTarium:
- Travel through space in the Alden Digital Planetarium
- Take in a Science Discovery program
- Walk around scenic nature trails and expansive grounds
- Learn about animal habitats and meet animal residents
- Catch a ride on the Explorer Express Train: April-November
Items For Rent on Museum Grounds:
- Locker: $3
- Single Stroller: $7
- Double Stroller: $9
- Wheelchairs: $9
- ECV scooter $20
EcoTarium's Museum Shop shelves are overflowing with unique treasures and fun gifts to fit all ages, interests and budgets. Come browse our wide selection of plush toys and puppets, science kits, children's books, giftware, field guides, and plenty more.
Gift Passes to visit the EcoTarium and Museum Shop Gift Certificates are available.
EcoTarium members receive 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop! Not a Member? Join or renew today.
- Unique Gift! Art work created by our own resident wildlife
- Atomic Earrings - made with a 3D printer!
- Book variety
- Crazy Aaron kits
- Dinosaur-themed children's picture books, puzzles and more
- Fairtrade and handmade products
- KEVA Building Kits
- Kikkerland gadgets and toys
- Nature-inspired jewelry
- Recycled bottle glassware
- Rubberband jewelry
- Science and robotics kits
- Tangoes puzzle games
Located on the Upper Level of the museum. Admission is waived for those who only have time to shop.
Thank you for your patronage. Your purchases support the EcoTarium's mission and our innovative programs, exhibits and wildlife.
For information, contact email@example.com or call 508.929.2720.