The EcoTarium is committed to making the museum experience as accessible as possible to guests and employees of all physical and intellectual abilities.
- Parking: EcoTarium has designated accessible parking in three areas: our upper lot closest to the Sundial Plaza and the Information Desk; our lower lot closest to the Explorer Express Train, Wildlife Path and Food Pavilion; and in a loading area at the north entrance to the museum.
- Outdoor Paths: All paths leading to and from museum attractions are graded to meet state and federal specifications and surfaced with macadam or asphalt. While some paths may lead to stairs, all attractions can be reached by alternate, accessible routes.
- Explorer Express Train: The Explorer Express Train includes a custom-built coach that accommodates two passengers in wheelchairs and their companions. Passengers can board this coach via a ramp lowered to the ground. Learn More
- Nature Trails: Portions of the EcoTarium's Lower Pond Vibram Walking Trail and Meadow Trail are paved, including access to the Lower Pond Pier. Learn More
- Inside the Museum: Building entrances are equipped with power-assisted doors. An elevator accesses the museum's three levels. Accessible restrooms are available at the middle and lower levels, as well as outdoors at the Food Pavilion. The Alden Planetarium has wheelchair appropriate seating arrangements.
- Items For Rent on Museum Grounds:
- Locker: $3Single Stroller: $7Double Stroller: $9
Food and Drink
The EcoTarium hosts a seasonal outdoor café, open 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, that offers sandwiches, beverages, and ice cream treats! During the winter season, this café can be found indoors in the Snack Bar area (located on the middle level of the museum building) which also contains a variety of snack and drink vending machines.
Our scenic grounds provide plenty of perfect picnicking spots. In the warmer weather, sit under the umbrellas at the sunny Food Pavilion or spread out at a picnic table under a shady tree.
The EcoTarium does not serve dinner onsite. We are conveniently located near a wide range of restaurants offering a quick bite to go, an elegant sit-down dinner or something in between. Our guest services team would be happy to direct you to local eateries.
State law prohibits guests from bringing alcoholic beverages onto the museum grounds.
The EcoTarium is close to many major highway routes. Parking is always free.
Shop at the Museum
EcoTarium's Museum Shop shelves are overflowing with unique treasures and fun gifts to fit all ages, interests and budgets. Come browse our wide selection of plush toys and puppets, science kits, children's books, giftware, field guides, and plenty more.
EcoTarium members receive 10% off purchases in the Museum Shop! Located on the Upper Level of the museum, admission is waived for those who only have time to shop.
Your purchases support our mission, innovative programs, exhibits and wildlife.