In the case of severe weather, the museum will follow the operation schedule of Worcester Public Schools: if they are open, we are open; if they are closed, we are closed. You may also call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings. School delays do not impact museum operations.
Open Days: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
When to Visit
- Quieter museum experience: visit September through March. Generally, early morning and late afternoons are quieter times to visit.
- Busy season at the museum: visit May through mid-June
Important: No Pets, No Smoking
EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
The EcoTarium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including vaping, (the use of electronic cigarettes), is not allowed on the grounds or within any buildings.
General admission includes the outdoor grounds. Parking is free. All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate.
- EcoTarium Members: Free - Although at this time, members are required to reserve tickets in advance. Please sign in at checkout and select your member tickets (adult or child) and your balance will discount to zero prior to checkout.
- We have implemented variable pricing for admission so individuals can chooses a price point that they are comfortable with prior to arriving to the museum.
- EBT Cards: Present your EBT card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission. Discount applies for up to four people per card, per visit during regular business hours and cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events. Due to processing limitations, the admission fee must be paid in cash. Credit card or check transactions cannot be processed for this program. This program is sponsored in part by C. Jean and Myles McDonough Charitable Foundation, the Fred Harris Daniels Foundation and the Greater Worcester Community Foundation.
- Military: Active military personnel and military spouses receive 2 for 1 admission. Valid for up to 2 free admissions with the purchase of same or lesser value. Military ID required. Additionally, each year May-Labor Day, active duty military personnel (with ID) and up to five family members are admitted free to the EcoTarium through the Blue Star Museums program.
- WIC cards: Present a WIC card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission, up to 4 people total.
We are still accepting reciprocal admission and free admission passes. If you are using one of these two programs, you do not need to pre-purchase tickets online. When you arrive at the museum, you will be required to fill out a contact form for contract tracing purposes. Free passes that expired during our hibernation period will be honored through December 31, 2021.