The EcoTarium, following Governor Baker's order closing schools across the state through May 4, will be closed through May 4 as a matter of public health and safety as our state works to contain COVID-19. All events, field trips, birthday parties, and programs through May 4 are cancelled. To reschedule or for a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep in close contact with officials to assess an opening date as we get closer to May 4.
Planned visitor activities during this time, including school field trips, overnight visits, birthday parties, facility rentals exhibit events and programs will be rescheduled or canceled. We will issue refunds if reschedules are not possible. As a nonprofit, this closure is hugely and negatively impactful to our operations and finances. If you would like, you may convert your refund to a donation to the EcoTarium - we are so thankful for your support.
Our resident wildlife will remain cared for without any interruptions. Staff will continue to respond to emails and voicemails and provide online services.
Updated information may be found here on our website.
We will respond thoughtfully to this unprecedented situation and look forward to offering a warm and inspirational welcome again after we reopen.
Reservations: email@example.com, 508.929.2703
The EcoTarium is closed on most Mondays, and on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
In the case of severe weather, the museum will follow the operation schedule of Worcester Public Schools: if they are open, we are open; if they are closed, we are closed. You may also call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings. School delays do not impact museum operations.
When to Visit
- Quieter museum experience: visit September through March. Generally, early morning and late afternoons are quieter times to visit.
- Busy season at the museum: visit May through mid-June
Important: No Pets, No Smoking
EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
The EcoTarium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including vaping, (the use of electronic cigarettes), is not allowed on the grounds or within any buildings.
General admission includes the museum and grounds. Parking is free. Purchase tickets upon entrance.
- EcoTarium Members: Free
- Adults: $19.00
- Children/Youth: $14.00, ages 2-18; Children under 2 are admitted free
- Senior Citizens: $15.00, age 65 and older
- College Students: $14.00, student ID required
- EBT Cards: Present your EBT card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission. Discount applies for up to four people per card, per visit during regular business hours and cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events. Due to processing limitations, the admission fee must be paid in cash. Credit card or check transactions cannot be processed for this program. This program is sponsored in part by C. Jean and Myles McDonough Charitable Foundation, the Fred Harris Daniels Foundation and the Greater Worcester Community Foundation.
- Military: Active military personnel and military spouses receive 2 for 1 admission. Valid for up to 2 free admissions with the purchase of same or lesser value. Military ID required. Additionally, each year May-Labor Day, active duty military personnel (with ID) and up to five family members are admitted free to the EcoTarium through the Blue Star Museums program.
- WIC cards: Present a WIC card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission, up to 4 people total.
- Bank of America Museums On Us: free admission during the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America credit card holders (must have card with a matching valid photo id upon entry).
- OTHER DISCOUNTS & QUESTIONS: as of January 1, 2020 there have been some changes. Please contact guest services: 508.929.2700
- MARCH & SEPTEMBER ARE HALF PRICE ADMISSION