The EcoTarium is closed on most Mondays, and on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
In the case of severe weather, the museum will follow the operation schedule of Worcester Public Schools: if they are open, we are open; if they are closed, we are closed. You may also call 508.929.2700 for information on museum closings. School delays do not impact museum operations.
When to Visit
- Quieter museum experience: visit September through March. Generally, early morning and late afternoons are quieter times to visit.
- Busy season at the museum: visit May through mid-June
Important: No Pets, No Smoking
EcoTarium has many animals on exhibit and also living on the museum grounds. For their safety, USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles (with the exception of service animals).
The EcoTarium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including vaping, (the use of electronic cigarettes), is not allowed on the grounds or within any buildings.
General admission includes the museum and grounds. Parking is free. Purchase tickets upon entrance.
- EcoTarium Members: Free
- Adults: $19.00
- Children/Youth: $14.00, ages 2-18; Children under 2 are admitted free
- Senior Citizens: $15.00, age 65 and older
- College Students: $14.00, student ID required
- EBT Cards: Present your EBT card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission. Discount applies for up to four people per card, per visit during regular business hours and cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events. Due to processing limitations, the admission fee must be paid in cash. Credit card or check transactions cannot be processed for this program. This program is sponsored in part by C. Jean and Myles McDonough Charitable Foundation and the Fred Harris Daniels Foundation.
- Military: Active military personnel and military spouses receive 2 for 1 admission. Valid for up to 2 free admissions with the purchase of same or lesser value. Military ID required. Additionally, each year May-Labor Day, active duty military personnel (with ID) and up to five family members are admitted free to the EcoTarium through the Blue Star Museums program.
- WIC cards: Present a WIC card for a discounted $2 per person cash admission, up to 4 people total.
- Bank of America Museums On Us: free admission during the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America credit card holders (must have card with a matching valid photo id upon entry).
- OTHER DISCOUNTS & QUESTIONS: as of January 1, 2020 there have been some changes. Please contact guest services: 508.929.2700
- MARCH & SEPTEMBER ARE HALF PRICE ADMISSION