Hours & Information
Tuesday: 10 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 5 pm
Friday: 10 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm
Museum will be open the following Monday holidays. MLK Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day.
Museum is closed on the following holidays only. Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
By purchasing a ticket to the EcoTarium, you agree to abide by all Museum policies and requirements for visitors.
- Memberships - Members visit for free! You can apply the cost of your paid admission toward the cost of your membership.
- ACM - 50% discount by showing your membership card with a participating museum in the network. Presentation of a valid membership card is required.
- ASTC Reciprocal Members - Free admission based on museum membership type. Presentation of a valid membership card is required; the card must list one adult family member by name, and the card must have the ASTC Reciprocal Membership logo.
- EBT Card to Culture - $4 per person for EBT or WIC cardholders up to a total of 4 family members. A valid EBT or WIC card and the cardholder's photo ID are required.
- Wunderfund - $4 per person. Must show a valid Wunderfund card.
- Senior Discount - $4 off admission for each senior (age 60+).
- Student Discount - $5 off admission with valid student ID.
- Active Duty Military Discount - Free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel including National Guard and Reserve and up to 5 of their family members each summer. A valid Military ID must be presented at check-in. This discount is available through the Blue Star Museum Program and the program begins on Armed Forces Day in mid-May and ends on Labor Day at the beginning of September.
- Bank of America "Museums On Us" Program - Free admission for (only) the cardholder on the first weekend (Sat/Sun) of every month.
- Group Rates - A minimum of 10 people to book group rates. Available for school groups, community groups, clubs, and family groups; advanced reservations are required, and restrictions apply. Please call 508.929.2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about group visits please click here.
Please be advised we do not have control over third-party websites; information and pricing found on such websites may be incorrect. Please get in touch with email@example.com or call 508.929.2700 for questions.
Your health and safety, and the health and safety of our staff and animals, is our priority. As you know, COVID-19 continues to spread in the community. Please make note of the following science-based policies intended to protect you and others from infection.
If unwell, please stay home. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home, isolate from others, and call your doctor.
If you or any member of your group have recently been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19, please follow quarantine guidelines and seek testing. Quarantine periods vary based upon vaccine status. Please review quarantine guidelines here.
Masks are recommended indoors for all museum guests to reduce the risk of transmission while exploring the museum’s fun interactive exhibits. Face coverings are a critical public health tool for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the health and safety of all vulnerable guests, staff, and indoor resident-animals. Your mask should cover your nose and mouth at all times except when actively eating and drinking in designated areas. The EcoTarium provides complimentary, disposable masks at the Information Desk on the upper level.
Masks are required to enter the Alden Planetarium. The Alden Planetarium can seat approximately 80 guests. Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear masks while inside the Planetarium. The EcoTarium will make masks available at the entrance to the Planetarium for guests who need one.
Continuous cleaning: EcoTarium staff members clean the museum throughout the day. Hand Sanitizer is available in multiple locations on each floor of the museum for your use. Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer during your visit. Don’t forget to “Stop, Scan, and Scrub." Stop as you enter exhibit areas. Scan around to gauge if you can maintain safe distancing while interacting with the exhibit. Scrub (or sanitize) your hands before and after you visit a gallery space.
Protect Wildlife: When outdoors, please remind children to keep a 6-foot distance from our resident-wildlife, particularly the North American River Otters, Red Fox, and Mountain Lions. These larger animals are susceptible to COVID-19 and they don’t have a vaccine or treatment available. Enjoy visiting the animals, but please help us keep them healthy!
Maintain Distance: We encourage all groups to eat outside when weather permits. Picnic tables are located at Upper Sundial Plaza and in the Nature Explore Playground/Exhibit. There are grassy areas near the lower parking lot that kids may enjoy. The indoor Snack Room on the middle level has limited seating available on a first come, first serve basis.
Your visit to the Museum should be enjoyable, educational, and fun! To ensure all visitors have a safe and memorable experience, we expect everyone to be respectful of other visitors, staff and volunteers.
Safety First: Your health and safety, and the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and animals, is the EcoTarium’s top priority. Please follow the instructions of staff at all times. Weapons of any kind are not allowed on the property. If you see something that appears unsafe, please notify a staff member immediately.
Pets: The EcoTarium is a wildlife zoo regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The USDA prohibits domestic animals anywhere on our property, including those left in vehicles. The only domestic animals allowed on the property are service animals.
Smoking: The EcoTarium is a smoke-free facility. Smoking of any kind including vaping (the use of electronic cigarettes) is not allowed on the grounds or inside any buildings.
Respect for All: The EcoTarium values diversity and is dedicated to providing a calm and respectful experience for everyone. The EcoTarium does not tolerate discrimination or any form of harassment. The EcoTarium prohibits harassment or discrimination based on ability, age, color, ethnicity, race, family or marital status, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and related medical conditions, language, national origin, political affiliation, religion, socioeconomic status, veteran status, health status, and other dimensions of diversity.
Cleanliness: Please help us maintain a clean facility by picking up your trash and placing it in the trash bins.
Group Management: We want all children to have a successful visit! If you are chaperoning children who have been on a school bus for a long ride, we recommend planning your visit to begin outside in the playground area to allow children to release some of their energy before coming into the museum. Our exhibits are expensive and in some cases irreplaceable and should be treated with care. Graffiti can cause permanent damage to an exhibit. Please remind all children to treat the museum’s objects and animals with respect.
Fun: Exhibits and programs at the EcoTarium change regularly. You may notice some exhibits and experiences have returned for summer, such as the popular “Bubbles” exhibit, and others may be arriving soon. For regular updates on exhibits please visit the indoor exploration and outdoor exploration pages of our website.
- Main Building
- Alden Planetarium
- Africa Communities
- Explorer Express Train
- Resident Wildlife Habitats: Wild Cat Station, Red Fox, River Otters
- Bald Eagle, Barred Owls
- Nature Explore Playground
- Scenic paths and trails
- Upper and lower ponds
- Sundial Plaza
- Animal Corner
- Outdoor dining service
- Spiny soft shell turtle enclosure
- Snapping turtle enclosure
Locate the QR codes throughout the grounds that link to online experiences, information, and fun facts from our education and living collections teams!